Episode 6: Testimony
The students I interview often tell me that most of their peers do not even understand that they are at a disadvantage. When it comes to school segregation, its antecedents, and present symptoms, we have a major awareness gap that we need to address. That's why we are ending the season with testimony from a dozen high school students in the student-led group Teens Take Charge, which we help facilitate. Who better to educate us about this issue than the ones experiencing it every day?
Let their words be a call to action. Join the movement to end segregated schools.
Here is a list of featured students, in order of appearance:
- Jederick Estrella | Victory Collegiate High School (intro)
- Hebh Jamal | City College
- Whitney Stephenson and Nelson Luna | Democracy Prep Charter High School
- Marquies Smith | The Urban Assembly School for Law and justice
- Muhammad Deen | Victory Collegiate High School
- David Coghiel | Explorations Academy High School
- Shenir Dennis | Vanguard High School
- Taiwo Fayemi | Bronx Studio School for Writers and Artists
- Wyatt Perez | Eagle Academy for Young Men
- Chantell Osei | Bronx Studio School for Writers and Artists
- Brianna Flores | Brooklyn School for Collaborative Studies
- Sabrina DuQuesnay | Brooklyn College Academy